Monday, June 15, 2009

Road Trip Movies

I recently watched The Lucky Ones on DVD starring, Tim Robbins, Rachel McAdams and Michael Pena about three soldiers home on leave from the war in Iraq. While I had a few minor problems with it, I realized what I enjoyed most about this film was the road trip aspect of the story. Three virtual strangers travelling across the country, slowly opening up to one another, becoming friends in close quarters in a very short period of time.

It got me thinking about the many road trip movies I like and I have to say my favorite is Little Miss Sunshine: that dysfunctional family, that broken down VW bus and the dreams of a 10 year old girl forcing everyone along for the ride and, in the end, bringing the family together

What is your favorite road trip movie? Let me know by commenting on this blog or bring your opinions to the next Brunswick (Ohio) Library Film Discussion Group meeting on Thursday, June 25 at 6:30 pm in the Sycamore Room.

No comments: