Saturday, November 1, 2008

Library on Demand

I completed the downloadable media section of this exercise and felt it really improved my ability to help patrons with this service. I got on the waiting list for a Meg Cabot book for my daughter and the title I checked out was The Good Apprentice by Iris Murdoch. I've always wanted to read one of her novels ever since I saw Judi Dench and Kate Winslet in the biopic, Iris. (I had to include a movie reference; it is The Film Location after all). I specifically narrowed my search to MP3 titles because we are an Ipod family, but I doubt I will transfer my selection to my Ipod because I have such a small amount of storage on mine. The choice of Ipod compatible titles seemed limited, but I understand they are just getting started and hopefully will increase in the future.

No comments: