Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wiki wiki


Wiki wiki
Originally uploaded by jdlasica

I chose this photo as an homage to the Honolulu shuttle buses mentioned in the exercise info sheet. I had a lot of fun with this one. The Uncyclopedia featured article I read was about A-levels (the courses and tests that English 16-18 year olds take in order to get into University). I'd always wondered how it worked, and I'm sure after that article, I still don't know. I found an interesting ALA wiki on the subject of library sisterhoods and read about how libraries are creating global connections with one another. On Wikihow, I learned how to be a fan of an actor/actress that isn't a household name - "Don't necessarily pick a child star..Pick a person who has a good track record and doesn't seem destined for doom." Finally on wikia.com I searched for The Office televison show and found Dunderpedia. There are detailed profiles of characters, info about episodes including synopsis, cultural references, goofs and deleted scenes. I even found a list of times a character on the show says "That's what she said." Now that's thorough and obsessive...and I will be favoriting Dunderpedia.

No comments: